Facebook iconTwitter iconGoogle icon

Blog

Posted by drbrizman on June 26, 2015 at 3:47am
I was thinking today, one of the very fascinating things about Chinese medicine is how you can have a group of people with the same exact set of symptoms whom require completely different treatments. How the exact kind of treatment will make different people feel awful depending on their fundamental balance causing the issue. In looking up any problem in chinese medicine, it is always further differentiated according to syndrome in Chinese terminology.
2 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on June 25, 2015 at 8:09am
Wind, in Chinese medicine is used as a term for a few different things. One use of this word is to describe various presentations of colds or flus. The word Wind is used in combination with terms that fruther define the type of Wind (or cold or flu). Among others, we use terms such as Wind Cold, Wind Heat, Wind Damp to define the symptoms of the attack so that we can then determine what is needed to treat the condition.
2 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on June 24, 2015 at 7:03am
OK so, I just spent a half an hour on a whole other piece to this post about Wind attacking the body and that being the term used in viral attacks and it got erased. I will try again tomorrow, as I have to go. This was the supportive piece to it-so I will leave it here for part one. So sorry-it is not quite complete.
4 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on June 20, 2015 at 8:31pm
I had a conversation yesterday with a patient. Quite interesting. She is a patient who has done really well over her time with me. Her intense burning has been chipped away at over time and she has managed no burning tp quite low levels depsite her continued sweet eating. If she would be able to stop it-she would not have any incidence of even low levels here and there that she has. However, that is not what is interesting.
3 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on June 20, 2015 at 1:36am
This is a great article on raw milk. http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/microphotography-of-raw-and-processed-milk/
0 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on June 19, 2015 at 9:00pm
Yesterday afternoon I took a walk on the beach with an old friend. She was asking me about the work that we do. As I was recounting how it all developed, I  remembered how incredible and important it is. I remembered the first time I read about Chinese medicine and how I fell in love with it. Even though I had spent a very long time -I think about three years studying western anatomy and physiology. When I opened that first book on Chinese medicine- it just all made sense even though it was written in a "language" with very foreign terminology.
0 Comments