Facebook iconTwitter iconGoogle icon

Blog

Posted by drbrizman on April 25, 2015 at 6:39am
Some of the following information will be posted statically on the forum and here at the top. I wanted to take a moment and emphasize a few points and rules of conduct on ICAMA. As, this is the home of all of those using it, so it should remain an inviting place for all to come and visit.
3 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on April 21, 2015 at 2:32am
This article came accross my desk today http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/27/new-research-shows-poor... it is quite interesting in that it really underscores the point that when people are trying so hard to find one answer to the problem of chronic issues such as IC by isolating that one microorganism, or one nerve issue, or one protein factor, or one genetic deficiency, or group of tense muscles, or presenc
2 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on April 17, 2015 at 2:57am
i think I have posted many time on probiotic and their effects on mood. I thought I would post a lighter article before the next provoking one just for a change in the flow. This is nice and succinct.http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150414083718.htm. Having said this-many things effect mood and depression. In fact this past year I have interacted with several patients having profoundly positive effects with herbal and supplemental medicines and their moods.
5 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on April 12, 2015 at 2:30am
I am going to not prefice this by making too many comments-only that the cholesterol issue is very misunderstood and that it correlates with inflammation in the body. When patients go on diet such as the one we recommend, cholesterol almost always goes down with very little additional help. I thought this reading would be interesting for those interested.
13 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on April 11, 2015 at 5:07am
More and more pediatricians are recommending supplementing with probiotics from birth! So many factors influence how a baby's gut becomes a rich microbiome. This is a pretty neat article. It's positive too for those who don't or can't breastfeed-which I think is important to underscore as mother who can't or don't should not feel less than. I have helped to ten to many such babies and usiing probiotics can really help build their tiny new guts up well. I am certain there will be more and more incredible formulas to come in the future too based on all that they are now discovering.
0 Comments
Posted by drbrizman on April 10, 2015 at 8:25pm
Thinking outside our own boxes is a constant struggle for many of us. Cooking is not something that comes naturally to me. I really fight for every good meal I add to my repretoire. Salads on the other hand, come really easily to me, because no "good Greek kid" is worth her weight if she can't make a good salad. So, I was trained from a young age repeatedly night after night until I had it down. My mother, whom I love very much, as much as dumped a few in the trash and made me start all over again a couple of times! She wasn't one to coddle me because I was little. Funny, but, true!
2 Comments